Saturday, January 8, 2011

Life yesterday and today

I'm not going into a lot of detail about everything right now. I am simply to raw emotionally.

I am going to say that Nick is feeling MUCH better today than he was yesterday.

I am so glad that he is behaving more like himself.

Yesterday, life was not fun. The chemotherapy was taking it's toll on Nick's body. He didn't feel good. He wasn't hungry. Nothing tasted good. All he wanted to do was lay around. He wasn't even really interested in playing with all of his techno toys. He just laid around.

I was able to get him to eat a few crackers with cheese, a small amount of mashed potatoes, a Popsicle, and some toast. That's it...ALL day. Thankfully, I didn't have any trouble getting him to drink fluids. That is one of the main things that the oncologist wanted Nick to really focus on. One of the chemo meds can harm the bladder and kidneys. Nick's got to drink plenty to flush all the chemo out of his body.

Today, life has been better. Nick has eaten three meals today. It hasn't been his normal amount of food and there has been an issue with a few things not tasting right. He is eating though.

Today, I haven't given Nick ANY of the nausea medicine. It's at the ready if it's needed.

Today, Nick felt like getting out and running errands with me. We came home after running all sorts of errands, and he wasn't worn out.

It's nearly 7:00PM and he hasn't even mentioned that he's tired or feels bad.

I am really glad that Nick feels better today. Yesterday and Thursday were so very difficult.

I am thankful that today has been a different day.

No comments: