Wednesday, August 26, 2009

One step forward, two steps back

I have learned so many things about my self, my life as a spouse and a mom, my God, and my grief on this road that I've been traveling on since July 7.

Grief is indeed one step forward and two steps back. There are peaks and there are valleys. There are lots of times when it a simply a roller coaster ride through a dark tunnel and you can't see what is coming next.

The kids have gotten full swing into school. They seem to be adjusting very well. They have gotten involved with a grief counselor for children and the age appropriate support groups that go along with that. They are having a wonderful time with the new found friends.

I am trying each day to take one small step forward. I don't know how I'm going to get through the next several months, but I do know that God is there with me the entire way.

That's all I'm posting for now. The words just won't come, and the grief is swamping me today. It's Nick's 15th birthday today. It's another first. It's a hard day for me. I'm having to work very hard at keeping my grief from overtaking Nick's joy.


Kristy

No comments: