Wednesday, May 28, 2008

We're home!

We are home from the beach. We had a wonderful and relaxing time. We weren't able to get into the Gulf water at all due to red flag conditions. However, we spent countless hours down on the beach just soaking up the sights and sounds that are the beach.


No one came home sunburned. That is a major plus for us. A sunburn for Keith and Nick could be pretty bad. Several of their medications make them ultra-sensitive to the sun. We love the beach, but respect the sun. We go armed with major sunscreen, big beach umbrella, t-shirts, and hats.

Keith had CT scans today to check the progress of the cancer. We'll find out the results on Monday morning. We have to wait the weekend, but that doesn't really bother us. It is only two days.

The worst part is the wondering and being plagued by those "what-ifs". It seems like there are a million different thoughts and fears circling through my mind. One of the hardest things for me to deal with right now is the fear that we will be told that Keith will have to stop treatment completely. I struggle with that a lot. I'm not ready to move into the end phase of cancer. I don't guess that anyone is ever ready.

I have had to start and stop this post a few times during the last couple of days. It has been crazy trying to get back into a routine. Then the routine got disrupted again tonight. Kacie is sick with what appears to be a tummy bug. I know that doesn't seem like much, but it just sent my stress level way up. We deal with so much stress on a regular basis that even regular kinds of sick seem hard to handle sometimes. I hope she is well by Monday. I don't know what I'll do if she isn't. I really need to be with Keith on Monday.

I feel like all I'll do if I continue writing is whine. I don't like whining, so I guess this is it for tonight. I am hoping I'll be able to fill in more of the details of our beach trip soon. Thank you for the prayers.

No comments: