Monday, June 18, 2012

Where...Who...How...There...I am

Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord.
Where does my strength come from? My strength comes from the Lord.
Where do I turn when it seems there is no where to turn? I turn to the Lord.
Where do I place my worries and fears? I place them at the foot of the throne of Jesus.

Who is with me when I am completely alone? The Lord is with me always.
Who carries me whether I know it or not? The Lord carries me always.
Who is holding me close when the night is too long? The Lord holds me.
Who guides my path? The Lord is the lamp for my feet and the light for my path.

How can I have faith? If I didn't have faith, I would have NOTHING.
How can I love God when I can't see Him? To know God is to love Him.
How can I know God is real? I know He is real because the Bible says He is real.
How do I make it through each and every day? I make it because I know that God has a plan for me.

There are times when I am overwhelmed with what I have lost: my husband, my son's health, a "normal" life.
There are times when I feel utterly and completely alone. 
There are times when I feel helpless, hopeless, and just LESS.
There are times when I feel like I don't have enough faith.

I am reminded that God is with me every moment and step of the way.
I am assured of His presence and peace. All I have to do is ask.
I am promised that He will NEVER forsake me.
I am told that enough faith can be the size of a mustard seed.

It's been a tough few days for me. I needed to see these things. I need the reassurance that He is here. I need to know that I am not alone.

I need to know that I am...

In His Grip!



No comments: