Monday, July 2, 2012

Tomorrow

Tomorrow is July 3. It is Kacie's half birthday. I have no idea why she keeps up with it, but she does. It could be because when she mentioned it three years ago, I came up with a spur of the moment family outing to celebrate her. We had just found out that her daddy wasn't much longer for this earth, and without a miracle from God, Kacie's daddy wouldn't be here for her 10th birthday.

We went bowling. Keith cheered us on from his seat, the oxygen tank his ever present companion. We also went to Sonic for treats. This small family outing would be our last one together before Keith's death a few days later.

So, I'm sad. I miss that sweet man. It is so hard to believe that in just a few days, it will be 3 years since Keith left this earth and his very sick body.

I'm finding that even though I am moving forward with the process of living, there will always be a part of me that remains with Keith. That is something that many who have traveled a similar path have tried to explain. I am now fully beginning to understand.


I can go out on a date or meet someone new, yet still grieve the death of my husband. 




sigh...

No comments: