Wednesday, April 13, 2011

20 years ago

Sometimes I wonder how the brain has the capacity to remember certain events in such minute detail. Today has been a day where my brain has been full of details and memories that are sweet, yet heartbreaking.

It was 20 years ago today that I met the man I would fall madly in love with, have two children with, and share more than half of my life with. April 13 was when Keith and I met in person for the first time. We had been talking on the phone for a week, maybe two.

April 13 was the first time we actually saw each other face to face.

Yes...it was a blind date. I always thought that I never believed in love at first sight. After meeting Keith, sharing a pizza, and talking long hours, I KNEW he was the man I would marry.

I fell and I fell hard. I think he probably did too.

So...today is one of those bittersweet days when my brain is full of wonderful, sweet memories, but my heart is breaking a little more that Keith isn't here to share this day with me. Although, I do realize that if he were here, neither of us likely would have paid much attention to this particular day.

No comments: