Thursday, January 10, 2013

Grief

I found a partially used notebook in a cabinet this morning. As I was cleaning out the used pages, I found this poem I wrote sometime before Keith's death. My guess is that I wrote it sometime in 2008/early 2009 based on the other stuff in the notebook. I wasn't keeping a private journal at that time. If I needed to write, I either posted on here or wrote on the next available page of whatever notebook I was using to keep track of life. I'm reading through it this morning and I feel led to share. This is a very blunt writing. It is very much a "stream of consciousness" piece of what I was feeling. It speaks to me right now as I continue to pray for my little friend Thomas, his mommy and daddy.

Grief

The life that is gone
The days left behind
Happiness and joy out of reach
The cruelty of a life unkind.

The hope of tranquility
Nowhere in sight
Dark tunnel I'm travelling
Where is the light?

Stress and sadness always surround
Too much to take; too weak to care
Hope forgotten and dreams lost
A burden so heavy, no way to share.

Where is God?
Can't He hear me cry?
My prayers no longer answered
No more can I try.

Acceptance of this life of mine
Death seems certain to take my heart.
The ones I love more than life
Why, oh God, is my life ripped apart?

Where are the miracles?
For what do I pray?
When will it all end?
Any price I will pay.

God, do you hear me?
I cry out to you.
Heal them, heal me
As only The One can do.

No comments: