Sunday, May 24, 2009

It is well

I realized this morning in church, while singing with the choir during our special "I Believe in a Hill Called Mount Calvary", that I truly do believe in that hill called Mount Calvary. I'll believe no matter the cost. And when time has surrendered and earth is no more, I'll still cling to that old rugged cross.

I was truly so moved that I had to fight tears. The realization that even through these storms that seem to consume my life every day, I'll believe no matter what. Nothing can shake me or take me away from the foot of that cross.

I was then overcome with another realization when our invitation hymn was sung. Our invitation hymn was "It Is Well With My Soul", which happens to be one of my favorites. My realization was that my soul truly is well. Again, even though I feel storm tossed, battered and bruised, it is well with my soul. But another step further: It is well with my soul, because I believe in a hill called Mount Calvary.

I am truly over come with the love that God has for me and my family. I have been trying to just make it through each and every day. Each and every day, it seems to get harder and more difficult...except today. I feel renewed today. I feel like I can face tomorrow, as long as I am standing in the shadow of that cross.

God is so great and so good.

I hope that you have a blessed week, and that all is well with your soul too.

Kristy

No comments: