Monday, March 2, 2009

testimony

I survived giving my testimony last night at church. I knew I would survive. I guess most of my unease was due to how emotional I get when I talk about some of the things that have happened through the years. I have gotten some positive feedback from fellow church members. I don't know if what I had to say helped anyone, but I hope so.

I did get emotional. A few times, I couldn't keep from it. I know that emotions are not a bad thing. I just have a hard time crying in front of people. I'm not a "pretty" cryer. My eyes and nose get all red. My face gets blotchy. I've always hated that. I have never been one of those women that cry gracefully. :) I noticed a girl at the school the other day who had a single tear slowly rolling down her cheek. No red nose or eyes, no blotchy cheeks. Just that tear. I never did find out what was wrong with her. Sorry, I took a side trip there.

I wish I could say that I have gotten some clarification on my other prayer request, but I haven't. If anything, it is more clouded than before. I thought I knew for certain what God wanted me to do, and now I'm just not sure anymore. Please keep praying. I'll try to continue to be still and listen.

There isn't much else going on right now. Keith had his treatment today. He isn't feeling too bad. Nick and I will be going to Birmingham on Thursday for another checkup. He'll have scans at the end of this month. Nick and I will also be traveling to Orlando, FL during spring break for a band competition. He is so excited. I remember how exciting those days were.

It just looks like we are going to continue to be busy. There will be at least a few days that are more difficult than others. Keith and Nick are both scheduled for scans in the next month. That is going to be tough. As a matter of fact, Keith will have scans done in two weeks. We will get the results the day before Nick and I leave for Orlando. I pray the news won't be bad. I hate the thought of leaving him only hours after finding out bad news.

Thank you for praying me through last night. I can't express what it meant to me.

Until next time!

Kristy

No comments: